Jacksonville Veterinary Care
Since 1965, Mandarin Animal Hospital has strived to provide the highest quality of South Jacksonville veterinary care to companion animals in and around Jacksonville. We believe that the center of quality care is thorough preventative medicine matched with a commitment to embracing new knowledge and cutting edge technology, all at an affordable price for our clients.
Jacksonville: An Overview
Mandarin Animal Hospital is located in Jacksonville, the largest city in the Florida by population and the largest city by area in the contiguous United States.
- The county seat of Duval County
- Has an estimated population of 827,908
- Encompasses 874.6 square miles
- Is the principal city in the Jacksonville metropolitan area
- Is the most populous city proper in Florida and the Southeast
- Is the eleventh most populous city in the United States
- Jacksonville Animal Care and Protective Services
- Jacksonville Humane Society
Jacksonville Pet Resources
South Jacksonville Preventative Pet Care
Based on our years of veterinary experience, we know that the thorough practice of preventative medicine is the most effective means to keep your pet healthy.
- Routine pet wellness examinations
- Dog/cat vaccinations
- Microchip lost pet IDs
- Specialized pediatric & geriatric care
- Pet dental exams
- Parasite prevention
- Nutritional & behavioral counseling
Your pet’s wellness exam includes examination of your pet’s:
- Teeth & oral cavity
- Lymph nodes
- Joints & muscles
…plus, lab work!
Jacksonville Pet Vaccines & Screenings
Vaccines for your Jacksonville pet are an essential aspect of any preventative veterinary medicine program at Mandarin Animal Hospital. We recommend the following:
- For Dogs - DA2PP and Rabies (every 3 years); Leptospirosis, H3N8, Lyme, and heartworm testing (annually); Bordetella and a fecal analysis for internal parasites (every 6 months)
- For Cats - FVRCP (every 3 years); Rabies and Feline Leukemia Vaccine (annually)
Dr. James Mosley, Jr. is a general practitioner and owner of Mandarin Animal Hospital.
- Undergraduate Education: University of North Florida
- Veterinary School: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
- Professional Interests: Surgery, Dentistry, Dermatology, Internal Medicine
- Hobbies: Basketball, working out, fishing, horseback riding
Come see us today!
Mandarin Animal Hospital is located at 4473 Sunbeam Road in Jacksonville. We’re open Monday through Saturday, and until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays. For questions or to schedule an appointment, please call the hospital at (904)731-5341 or visit our full website.